Terms & Conditions of Entry
The administrative arrangements outlined herein may be subject to change by SEN as deemed proper for operational purposes of the Competition. No claims shall be recognised in respect to these arrangements.
Failure by a Competitor to comply with these terms and conditions may result in being disqualified from the Competition.
|(the) Competition||National Campus Music Competition, sometimes referred to as Campus Music Comp|
|Categories||A Submission type, as specified via the Competition Platform including, but not limited to; Live Music, Electronic Music|
|Competition Platform||Online program (website) used to collect or edit submissions to the Competition|
|Competitor||An eligible Band, Soloist, Duo, Electronic Music Producer (not DJ) who submits an entry via the official Competition Platform|
|DJ||A performer who mixes another person’s music, as opposed to creating their own music tracks|
|Fee-Paying Member of SEN||A tertiary organisation who is a recognised member of SEN and has paid the appropriate membership fee for 2023|
|Judge||Any person appointed by the Organiser to assess and rank the Submissions from a Competitor|
|Live Event||Local, State or National performances advertised as an initiative of the Organiser|
|Organiser||Student Experience Network (SEN)|
|Participant||An individual who makes up a part, or whole, of a Competitor|
|Partners and Sponsors||This may include prize partners, cash sponsors, in-kind supporters and suppliers|
|Prize Winner||The Competitor deemed by the appointed competition judges to be a prize recipient|
|Relevant Campus||The campus that the student is enrolled in the most credit points, or resides within the closest radius to|
|Showcase Artist||A competitor who is selected to represent their campus at a ‘Showcase’ event|
|Submission||Competitor content that is successfully uploaded via the Competition Platform|
|Submission Deadline||The last date upon which new submissions and edits to existing submissions are accepted. For 2023, submissions close on 31 October.|
- Competitors must:
- have at least one member who is a currently enrolled student at an institution that is a Fee-Paying Member of SEN. This member must make a substantial contribution to the performance and Submission;
- register all entry and contact details (including media-quality biography, photo and links to videos and social media platforms) via the submission form on the Competition website. It is up to the Competitor to make sure they are informed and aware of the timing and terms and conditions of the digital submission process as well as any live performances and details that may apply to performing and prize packs;
- be over seventeen (17) years of age. A Competitor must supply a copy of a birth certificate, current driver’s license, proof of age card or passport confirming their age if requested by the Organiser. Failure to do so may result in disqualification from the Competition;
- enter the Competition, representing one campus only;
- not include individuals who are a part of more than two Submissions attached to the Competition in the same year;
- have not signed a contract with a major recording company, or received financial assistance from a major recording company or promoter.
- No more than one common Participant is allowed to participate between any two Competitors.
- The Participant responsible for completing the submission form warrants that they are authorised by any other Participant of their group to do so, and they commit each Participant to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- By entering the Competition, each Competitor gives the Organiser and their Partners and Sponsors permission to use its name and likeness of each Participant for such promotional purposes as the Organiser sees fit.
- By entering into the Competition, the Competitor acknowledges that they agree to their Submission being available on the Competition Platform for public viewing and comment and that the Submission may be used by the Organiser in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration or compensation for any purpose, at the sole discretion of the Organiser.
- By permitting the Organiser to post the Submission on public platforms, the Competitor grants a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, revocable, non-transferable, perpetual license to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly display and/or reproduce the Submission, including without limitation in any online media or print formats and through any social media channels, pages or accounts. A Competitor can revoke this license at any time by contacting the Organiser in writing.
- Each Competitor gives the Organiser and its Partners and Sponsors permission to photograph, video, film, or record their performance at any time during the Competition and releases the Organiser to use and/or produce these recordings and images to promote the Competition now and in the future with no financial or other obligation to the Competitor or its participants.
- It is a condition of participation that the Competitor has not previously entered into any commercial, contractual, sponsorship, or other agreement or arrangement with any person, firm or company in respect of the Competitor’s musical and/or performing abilities or the products thereof or in respect of name likeness, image or biography. Where are a Competitor enters into such an arrangement, he/she must immediately notify the Organiser who may take such action as it considers in its absolute discretion to be appropriate including without limitation disqualification from the Competition.
- Where a Competitor is required to attend a live performance in agreement with the Organiser, the Competitor must:
- ensure they are prepared and ready to commence performance at the designated time during any Live Events;
- ensure that they do not exceed their performance time limit – with a set time of no less than 20 minutes;
- submit at least 80% original compositions during the submission stage;
- perform at least 80% original material at any live event;
- observe the relevant Campus or Venue policy on provision of sound, lighting, stage equipment and conduct. The Competitor acknowledges that they enter the Competition in good faith and that the Organiser cannot be held responsible for any technical problems that may occur;
- ensure that when using samples that are subject to copyright, that all legal processes have been followed;
- conduct themselves in such a manner as not to bring the Organiser and Partners & Sponsors into disrepute.
- The Organiser encourages responsible consumption of alcohol and requires all Competitors not to be intoxicated or under the impact of drugs while performing at Competition events.
- While recognising that music is a platform for free expression, the Organiser will not accept content that promotes or condones violence against individuals or groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, nationality, veteran status, or sexual orientation/gender identity, or whose primary purpose is inciting hatred on the basis of these core characteristics.
- The Organiser will:
- give Competitors reasonable notice of any designated performance time;
- advise Competitors of any backline or technical support to be provided.
- Competitors may not be paid a fee for live performances and will be responsible for any additional backline or production costs that are not provided by the Organiser.
Judging and Prizes
- Judges’ decisions are final.
- Judges, the Organiser, Partners & Sponsors will not enter into or engage in any correspondence, discussion or debate about the outcome of the Competition.
- The Organiser reserves the right to declare any Submission ineligible if in their opinion, the Competitor has not complied with these terms and conditions set out in the submission process or has not (in the Organiser’s opinion) provided adequate information or proof of validity of a Submission.
- Each Category will only proceed to the judging stage if there are three (3) or more Submissions for a category. If there is less than three (3) Submissions in a Category the Organiser reserves the right to not award a prize in that Category.
- The Organiser reserves the right to request the Prize Winner to provide proof of identity, proof of tertiary enrolment and proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address, in order to claim the Prize. Proof of identification, enrolment, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Organiser. In the event that the Prize Winner cannot provide suitable proof, the Prize Winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- Prizes must be taken as offered and failure to accept the offered prize will result in forfeiture of that prize. The forfeited prize may be offered to another Competitor.
- It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the Prize winner must comply with any conditions of use of the Prize and the Organiser’s directions or requirements.
- The prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. The Prize or any element of the Prize cannot be exchanged for any other Prize. The contents of the Prize will be at the Organiser’s sole discretion. The Prize is subject to availability and the terms and conditions of the entities supplying the Prize.
- If a Prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Organiser reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation.
- No responsibility will be taken by the Organiser for any changes in dates, times or cancellations or other arrangements that may prevent the Prize Winner from utilising the Prize.
- The Organiser makes no warranties or representations about the fitness for purpose or suitability of any Prize and will not accept responsibility for the quality or fitness for purpose of any Prize, or the failure of any Prize to be of merchantable quality.
- Subject to relevant state authority approval, the Organiser reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, at any time before the awarding of the Prize to cancel or vary the terms of the competition or to vary or cancel the award of the Prize including, without limitation, circumstances where in the Organiser’s opinion (which it shall form in its absolute discretion): a Prize Winner does not satisfy the Competition entry requirements; or the Organiser cannot conduct the Competition or award the Prize for any reason beyond its control.
Limitation of Liability
- The Organiser has sole discretion regarding organisation of any performance associated with the Competition including dates and times of events and the order in which Competitors will perform.
- Prizes have been confirmed in good faith and the Organiser cannot be held responsible for changes or withdrawal of prizes due to circumstances beyond their control. This includes any loss, damage or injury (including consequential loss) occurring from the withdrawal or change of prize/s.
- While all care shall be taken in running the Competition, the Organiser, Sponsors and Promoters are not liable to any Competitor entering the Competition, or any other person or entity, for any loss, damage or injury (including consequential loss) however caused (including negligence) as a consequence of the Competition.
- Competitors enter the competition at their sole risk. With the exception of liability which cannot be excluded by law, the Organiser shall not be liable for any loss or damage which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury suffered or sustained (including negligence) as a result of taking the Prize or entering the Competition.
- Competitors are advised to purchase their own insurance; this is not covered by or a responsibility of the Organiser. The Organiser will not be held responsible for any theft, loss or damage of equipment, personal luggage and effects or damage to any property or person whilst travelling to and from or during a performance relating to the Competition or a Prize.
- The Organiser collects Competitor’s personal information (as that term is defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)) for the purpose of conducting and promoting this Competition (including, but not limited to, determining and notifying Prize Winners).